Ok, so the cat is out of the bag for this years Halloween Horror Nights event at Universal Studios Orlando. Last year we got to see their 20 year anniversary which included a return of Jack and his band of fiendish friends. This year there will be a new twist. Universal Orlando will have a maze that guests will be able to venture thru and come face to face with horror characters from the movie, “The Thing”. This will give the guests the experience of being trapped inside the film’s Antarctic Thule station. The shape shifting aliens could be anything or anywhere. Will you survive? Among this new addition to Universal Halloween Horror Nights, there will be the familiar Scare Zones and my all time favorite Bill & Ted’s show. Check back for more updates and information. If you need to purchase your Universal Halloween Horror Nights Tickets, please call us toll free at 1-877-406-4836.
So you are coming to Central Florida and you want to enjoy yourself Right? Well the music takes center stage this summer at Epcot Center as the annual, “Sounds Like
Summer Concert Series” returns to Epcot at the America Gardens Theater.
This year, Epcot has a world class lineup of bands playing tribute to songs from Bon Jovi, U2, The Bee Gees,
and Janet Jackson, so spend a night out enjoying all that a Central Florida summer has to
offer. And the best of all,? these concerts are included Free with your Epcot theme park admission!
Although subject to change, the following groups are scheduled to appear:
BAND NAME PERFORMANCES DATES:
Hotel California June 12 – 18, 2011
A Salute to the Eagles
Stayin’ Alive June 19 – 25, 2011
A Tribute to the Bee Gees
Slippery When Wet June 26 – July 2, 2011
The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute
Little Queen July 3 – 9, 2011
The Music of Heart with Special Performances on July 4 *
Frontiers July 10 – 16, 2011
A Tribute to Journey
Karin Lawson July 17– 23, 2011
A Tribute to Janet Jackson
2U July 24 – 30, 2011
A Tribute to U2
*July 4 Performances at 5:15 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:45 pm, and 9:00 pm.
Epcot theme park admission is required. Entertainment subject to change
without notice. All songs listed are for artist recognition only and may
not be included in the performer’s set list.
1. Sherika ~ Located in Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida. SheiKra is not for folks who get scared easily. Once you are strapped into this floor-less coaster, you are lifted to a hight of 200ft and at a 45 degree angle, you will then be dangled over the edge before plummeting 200ft back down to the ground at over 70mph on a 90 degree angle, pulling 5 g’s. SheiKra features an Immelmann loop, a water feature and another terrifying 90 degree drop, this time from ‘only’ 138 feet. Enjoy:
2. Hulk ~ At Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park, you will find one of the nations leading high speed roller coaqsters and yes it’s GREEN! After you enter Dr. Bruce Banner’s lab, the gamma-ray accelerator goes terribly wrong and transforms you into the Hulk. After being jettisoned to the same G force as a jet taking off a aircraft carrier, you will be launched 150ft into the air at 67mph, before experiencing cobra rolls, barrel rolls, two vertical loops and a Zero-G roll, so hang on tight!
3. Kraken ~ Located inside Sea World Orlando, this mammoth roller coaster is sure to please the coaster addict in every family member. This SeaWorld coaster is15 stories high, and has max speeds of 65mph. This video is a great sneak peak!
4. Manta ~ This roller coaster is the newest addition to the Sea World Orlando arsenal. If you ever wanted to fly like Superman, then this is your baby.
5. Fire Dragon Harry Potter ~ This is located inside Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando. It used to be Dulling Dragons, but since they incorporated the new Harry Potter section at Islands of Adventure, they renamed the coaster Dragon Challenge. This is still one of the best coasters in Orlando, so don’t pass this one up!
7. Montu ~ Located in Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, this coaster has some bragging rights in the fact that it is one of the tallest and longest coasters in the world. Standing at a height of 46m and reaching speeds of 60mph, with a G Force of 3.85, this coaster is a DO NOT MISS adventure!
8. Space Mountain ~ This is a oldie but a goodie! Located in the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is a indoor coaster like the Rockin Roller Coaster and riders are given the choice of either the Alpha or Omega track, both of which offer the same ride regardless of which route you choose:
9. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit ~ Located inside Universal Studios Orlando, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit reaches speeds of 65mph and a height of over 17 stories. The coaster also allows you to select your own choice of music while riding the coaster:
10. Rockin Rollercoaster ~ This indoor roller coaster rocked out by non other than Aerosmith, is a signature coaster designed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As you enter the building, you are given a private tour of Aerosmith’s recording studio, before being strapped into your seat and flying round the coaster at 60mph, reaching 4.5 G- Forces.
11. Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey ~ I don’t know if I can really classify this awesome ride as a roller coaster per say, but I will include it as the next evolution of coaster ride technology. Located in Islands of Adventure, this ride will take you on a journey with Harry and his friends while flying on broomsticks through Hogwarts.
Walt Disney World ~ Every weekend starting in May and running thru June 12th of 2011 at the Walt Disney World Hollywood Studios, the power of the Force will be waiting for you and your family! This annual event is one of the highlights of the Hollywood Studios and is sure to please the Star Wars fans in any family. Continue reading