Are you a fan of delicious foods and tasty wines? Are you a fan of the Walt Disney World Resort? Well if you answered yes to both questions then Epcot is a must for you! Every year towards the end of August, Epcot puts on one heck of a festival that includes wines, gourmet tapas dishes and art from around the world. It’s called the International Food & Wine Festival and has been going on for years.
This is a festival for the connoisseurs and foodies who enjoy taking a tour of the world right in the comfort of Disney. For a few months out of the year Epcot puts on a party of parties all day long. For the price of a daily admission ticket you can enjoy the sights, sounds and flavours as you explore the different cuisines from around the world. Vineyards and breweries from around the globe are center stage during this once a year event.
Executive chefs from the Walt Disney World Resorts prepare regional dishes while pairing up wines and beers that make your experience one to savour! As you wander through the theme park you will encounter different cuisines at different locations. As an example if you are in France or Germany, you will be a guest of that country and served local dishes that represent their country all the while being able to sample their regional wines and beer.
The downside is that this isn’t free and can get quite costly. The best way to approach this is to stop at the very first food kiosk and get yourself a prepaid wristband and preload it with as much money as you see fit. I normally will put $50 on mine and that will get me to at least the America pavilion which is the halfway point on the World Showcase at the back of the park. By this time you are feeling pretty good and might want to just put another $50 onto your wristband again to finish strong!
This event is a event worth Uber-ing, staying on property like at the Boardwalk, Swan or Dolphin which are staggering distances from the back entrance of Epcot. If your partake in the fermented beverages you will not want to be driving believe me. This is a great event to share with friends and families and probably should not be a festival that you would want to bring your kids to as people at this event can get pretty happy to say the least but in a good way. Here is a link to their current 2018 menu so have a look and see what you think ~ Epcot Food & Wine Menu 2018
Have you drove by Epcot in the past few weeks and noticed a big o’le building to the left of Spaceship Earth? Well that big thing everyone is looking at and talking about is the all NEW Guardians of the Galaxy ride and I can’t wait to experience it! Epcot was kind of in a rut for awhile and many visitors were asking if Epcot had just become a Festival theme park. Seems they were only rolling out the carpet a few times a years for their Wine & Food Festival as well as their Flower & Garden Festival. To be honest it was getting kind of stale and really did not offer anything new until now.
The area where the new ride will be is over where Ellen was next to Mission Space. That area was like a place where if you wanted to go take a nap and not be bothered by anyone, this was the place to do it. Now it has become something very busy and looks to be just more than a ride, maybe even a small little land into itself. I know Walt would be pleased with this space aged addition as he dreamed of this whole park being like that and not what it has become.
Guardians of the Galaxy is nothing new but it is so hot right now as Mugatu would say so hopefully nothing knocks it too far back to where visitors will be like what the heck is a Groot? I’m pretty positive that this will not be the case and this little corner of Epcot will be everyone’s newest favorite piece of the park. I am really hoping for some new eateries keeping in line with the whole space theme and maybe a sit down restaurant.
All in all this is going to be a much needed addition to Epcot that is for sure! If you have been over there within the past decade, you will agree that nothing has been added to the theme park and if you have been reading any Disney related blog, people have been demanding that something be added to Walt’s treasured park for quite some time. I’m glad to see it finally happening. If you are planning to visit anytime soon be sure to check out “The Official Tickets Center” for all of you Disney tickets and discounts.
Walt Disney World Resort
Some say Florida doesn’t have an official “Spring” season, but I beg to differ.
Spring most definitely begins in Florida when the more-than-30-million blooms come alive at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
This year is the Festival’s 25th year, and the park again is overflowing with the brightest plants, flowers, trees and topiaries adorning both Future World and World Showcase.
Here are some of the top things you shouldn’t miss at the Festival:
- Gardens, Gardens and More Gardens: In addition to all the natural flora throughout the park, the Walt Disney World horticulture squad has curated some truly breathtaking gardens for our guests this year. New garden destinations this year include “The How-To Garden” and “The Imagination Play Garden” which are perfect for adults and kids to enjoy together. Returning favorites include “The Goodness Garden Butterfly House” and “The Water Wise Garden,” which showcase environmental responsibility as well as just being fun!
- Outdoor Kitchens: What would an Epcot Festival be without fun food and drinks? 15 Outdoor Kitchens this year grace World Showcase, with the newest being “The Honey Bee-Stro,” which features Roasted Cauliflower with Buckwheat Honey Carrot Purée; Honey Tandoori Chicken Flatbread with White Cheddar Cheese; and Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Ice Cream garnished with Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses. These dishes were created to showcase multiple honey varietals in creative and exciting ways. Returning Outdoor Kitchen favorites include “The Berry Basket” (featuring a lamb chop with quinoa salad and blackberry gastrique) and “THE SMOKEHOUSE: Barbecue and Brew” (featuring a pulled-pork slider and warm chocolate cake with Bourbon-salted caramel sauce and spiced pecans). YUM!
- Spike’s Pollen Nation Exploration: One of the beloved characters from Disney animated short cartoons, Spike the honeybee, has been “pollen-nating” throughout the Festival. In this springtime scavenger hunt, gardeners of all ages can follow Spike on his pollination trail around World Showcase, where he will “bee” busy collecting nectar and pollinating gardens at Epcot. To get started, purchase your map and stickers at Port of Entry. Available while supplies last.
- Garden Rocks Concert Series: Each Friday through Monday of the Festival (what we like to call a “Disney Weekend”), favorite artists from the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s and 2000s will rock out at the America Gardens Theatre. Night Ranger kicks off the series March 2-5, and Rick Springfield, Survivor and Lonestar are just some of the popular rock and rollers in the lineup. Each night, there will be three performances – 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. – and guests can pair a wonderful meal at several of our Epcot restaurants with reserved concert seating in a nice package. Click here for Garden Rocks dining package availability or call 407-WDW-DINE.
- Character Topiaries: Locations throughout the park feature some of the most beloved Disney and Disney•Pixar characters including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and The Tramp and Buzz Lightyear.
- Merchandise: Guests will find a wealth of hats, T-shirts, mugs and other fun Festival merchandise throughout Future World and World Showcase. I can’t resist anything with Figment on it; so you KNOW I’ll be buying some.
- Tours: One of the great ways to get the “inside track” on the Festival or the latest in gardening techniques is to take one of the tours offered during the Festival. There are tours of The Land pavilion greenhouses and the “Gardens of the World – Spring Edition.” There is also the daily Royal Tea Garden Tour at the United Kingdom pavilion that includes a tea tasting. Guests can find out more about the tours here or call 407-WDW-TOUR.
If you’re coming out to this year’s festival, plan on more than one day to see, smell, hear, touch and taste everything. You surely can’t do it all in one!
For more information about the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, call us at 1-877-406-4836 or for discount Disney tickets to this event.
The all new Epcot arts Show – Epcot International Festival of the Arts, from January 13, 2017 through February 20, 2017 is a unique mix of Visual, Culinary and Performing Arts that Disney World has to offer. Guest visiting the event will be acquainted with the best of global masterpieces, featuring visual arts, Broadway singers, and incredible culinary experiences for six consecutive weekends at the Resort’s most festive driven Park, Epcot. Indeed a never – before experience for your eyes, ears and taste buds all together.
The special Epcot Event showcases incredible art works from old Disney art experts, such as Mary Blair and Herb Ryman to present day Disney artist – Joe Kaminski and Costa Alavezos. Also guests at the Event enjoy live demonstrations of the whole creative process that leads to such amazing creations. Along with the visuals, guests at the Event also come across some of the greatest culinary offerings ever. All the food lovers! Make sure to visit the irresistible Food Studios where the Disney chefs offer their most tempting creations both for your taste buds and the eyes as well.
Another most exciting feature about Epcot International Festival of the Arts is its unique initiative in showcasing performing arts. The extraordinary Event joins hands with the Disney theatrical to make things even more entertaining at the America Gardens Theater stage. The Event presents phenomenal Broadway talents, such as Ashley Brown and Josh Strickland on Jan. 13-16 and 20-23. The Brown and Strickland pair is followed by Kerry Butler and Kevin Massey Jan. 27-30 and Feb. 3-6, while Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White will share the stage on Feb. 10-13 and 17-20. The different pairings are performing songs from award winning Disney on Broadway shows, including Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Aladdin and Newsies, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and more.
The special Event operates Fridays through Mondays over a period of six exciting weekends with each weekend showcasing new arts from historical and current Disney artists. The performances are scheduled at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. for each evening of the Fest. No extra fee is required to attend. Entry to the Festival is included in the regular Epcot admission.
This year, the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival will be bigger than ever, expanding to 90 days, from March 2-May 30, 2016 at Walt Disney World® Resort. Enjoy fresh farm market flavors at the festival’s Outdoor Kitchens, new Disney character topiaries, interactive play gardens and live rockin’ music during this year’s annual event.
Come see incredible topiaries inspired by your favorite Disney characters! Nearly 100 topiary characters, including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Lady and the Tramp, Simba and Peter Pan, will animate the Epcot landscape surrounded by sweeping garden beds and exhibits.
New this year, Donald Duck’s mischievous nephews, Huey, Dewey and Louie, will make their topiary debut with Donald and Daisy at the park’s front entrance garden. Ranger Mickey Mouse in topiary form will also appear for the first time to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the National Parks Service launched in 1916 to conserve the country’s natural scenic treasures.
Fresh garden produce, savory bites and sweet treats will be abundant at the festival’s Outdoor Kitchens, returning for a fourth year with Guest favorites and new food and beverage offerings along the World Showcase promenade. Get your complimentary Garden Passports stamped as you taste garden- and spring-inspired culinary creations.
For an inside look at the festival and gardening tips you can try at home, visit the Festival Center where Disney gardeners will lead weekend how-to Gardening Seminars. Catch guest experts as they conduct complimentary seminars on a wide range of gardening and outdoor living topics. The Festival Center is also home to signature festival merchandise.
End the evening with pop musical performances spanning four decades during the Garden Rocks Concert Series at the outdoor America Gardens Theatre. Catch these acts on weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. throughout the festival.
- March 4-6: The Orchestra, starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- March 11-13: STARSHIP featuring Mickey Thomas, known for their song “We Built This City”
- March 18-20: Little River Band, known for their song “Reminiscing”
- March 25-27: Village People, famous for “YMCA”
- April 1-3: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone, known for the song “I’m Henry VIII, I Am”
- April 8-10: The Guess Who, famous for “American Woman”
- April 15-17: Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
- April 22-24: NEW! Brian Howe, former lead singer of Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
- April 29-May 1: NEW! Georgia Satellites, known for their song “Keep Your Hands to Yourself”
- May 6-8: Gin Blossoms, famous for “Hey Jealousy”
- May 13-15: NEW! Darlene Love “Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home”
- May 20-22: Night Ranger, known for the song “Sister Christian”
- May 27-30: The Spinners, famous for “Working my Way Back To You” *This concert series will run through Monday
*Entertainment is subject to change without notice. Please check the daily times guide.
The fun continues after the sun sets! Illuminated topiary and play gardens will glow brightly for an after-dark festival experience.
For more information about the 23rd Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, visit EpcotInSpring.com. The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.
Imagine you, your family and the most magical combination of topiaries, food and the Florida sun. Imagine the experience of enjoying amidst an incredible array of refreshing greens with ample options for fun. Imagine that time of the year when the world’s happiest landscape gets even more fresh and impressive in the eye of Disney fans and theme park vacationers from everywhere.
Spring is one of the most wonderful times of the year, and what better way to celebrate the same at the Epcot Theme Park in Orlando, Florida. The world-famous WDW (Walt Disney World) Park is at its blooming best during the season. Every spring the Park transforms into an ever refreshing sea of blooms and greens. Moreover, the special spring festival here brings to life a never-ending saga of freshness and delights. Packed with an amazing array of exhibits, workshops, marketplaces and live entertainments it tends to inspire guests since inception. In fact the festival is one of the most anticipated events of its kind that WDW has to offer. Thanks to The Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival that brings to life the most magical spring celebration ever.
The one of a kind spring event keeps getting bigger and more exciting every year. In fact there is a whole new experience waiting for you every time you visit the event. Whether it’s the ever-increasing and incredible topiaries or those exciting seminars and exhibits on gardening, the mind-blowing concerts and live music shows or the outdoor kitchens and more, the atmosphere at the Fest is just awesome.
The topiaries are among the main highlights of the Event. From top to toe they are the true examples of exquisite sculpting. And I think the act of showcasing nature in such amazing detail is just magical. For the eye of the beholder, they are the most fascinating treats ever. The more you wonder at these extraordinary creations the more you get attracted by them. Each one of them exhibits its own unique appeal. Also it’s exciting to have Anna and Elsa, including Chip and Dale staring the list of Disney topiaries for the first time this year.
When it comes to gardening, the Festival is by far the most suitable occasion to learn and get educated about the various secrets of gardening. Whether it’s about water conservation or information about organic gardening techniques, cues to attract birds and butterflies or more, it’s all available out there at the various workshops and seminars hosted by celebrity experts.
The magical and interactive garden exhibits, including Illuminated Gardens, Butterflies on the Go and Mike & Sulley’s Monstrous Garden make the ultimate setting to celebrate the season at the Festival. Even the food and drink exhibits have taken the center-stage at the Event in recent years. A visit to any of the favorite Outdoor Kitchen here is like treating your senses with fresh seasonal flavors.
Orlando vacations are always expensive. And tickets play a major role in influencing the same. But there are many other options available to help you stay on budget. And I suggest you to visit the authorized agents and brokers for some real savings. If you are looking for discounts on your Disney Tickets and passes to exclusive Orlando attractions and events, including discount Sea World and Universal Studios tickets and other special theme park packages you can also consult WDW recommended Kissimmee based ticket Re-Seller – The Official Ticket Center
Refresh your sense of spring at the 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival—with fresh seasonal dishes, enchanting Disney character topiaries, complimentary presentations and more!
Discover dazzling gardens, seasonal cooking and high-energy entertainment at this spectacular springtime event. Sprouting once again in March, the 2015 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival will be budding with fresh experiences for every age and interest.
A few highlights coming into bloom include:
- Locally grown topiaries featuring Disney characters
- Outdoor Kitchens with spring-inspired dishes
- A variety of vibrant entertainment offerings
- Freshly picked music at the Garden Rocks™ Concert Series
- Opportunities to learn how to bring spring at Epcot home
Plus, with so much to see and do, you can return again and again, and find something new every time… ‘cause in 2015, the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is so much more than flower and gardens! Continue reading
If ever there is a place where one can try all kinds of different foods, and pair finest of wines and beers with sweetest and savory dishes against one of the most magically themed backdrops then it is at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Truly this one of the most anticipated WDW (Walt Disney World) events turns the entire Epcot Theme Park into a food paradise.
Visiting the Park during the premier occasion is an amazing treat for all the food and wine lovers from across the globe. At every turn and every stop there is something very special and uniquely delicious for you to taste and try. In fact it puts you right in the middle of a culinary adventure unlike any other. Thanks to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival for such an incredible and unique experience.
Celebrated for its inspired culinary attractions, the special fall attraction offers the ultimate setting to explore the best of cuisine the World has to offer. Whether it’s the amazing food and beverage marketplaces or the lively food concerts, celebrity chef demos or the signature dinners and galas, it promises the most amazing culinary extravaganza ever.
From the moment one enters the park it turns into a never ending journey of food and flavors. Imagine a place where you are exposed to an incredible array of ever-inviting food booths with their all new mouth-watering menus and attention to detail ambiences. Or just think of an experience that puts you right in the middle of some incredible and live music-acts while you are enjoying your favorite foods, wine and beer.
I think for a Disney World fan a visit to this one of a kind event is a must. Being part of the epic celebration will not only make your vacation more special, but also exposes you to the wonderful world of tastes and aromas like never before. And regardless of whether you are attending the event for the first time or a repeat visitor for that matter, there will never be a dull moment at the party for sure. Also the addition of more and more new and innovative culinary attractions every year makes the event even more impressive to attend.
The annual event is having its 19th edition of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this year. And like every year it brings along a host of new surprises for this year too, featuring new marketplace menus (such as the Patagonia Marketplace with flavors of Argentina and Chile) and a host of premium dining experiences and much more. No special ticket is required to attend this unique WDW event. The event is included with the regular Epcot admissions.
For discounts on Disney World tickets and passes to exclusive Orlando attractions and events, including discount SeaWorld Orlando tickets, Universal Studios tickets and other special Orlando packages you can consult authorized ticket Re-Seller – The Official Ticket Center
Beyond the magical theme-park attractions and rides the existence of the legendary mouse – ears in ultimate disguise doubles our Disney delights. As a great fan of the Mouse I believe that the concept of Hidden Mickeys plays a unique role in strengthening our connections with the famous Disney World parks every time we visit them. Whether it’s at the Magic Kingdom or the Epcot the opportunities of finding Hidden Mickeys are many. Moreover, being able to figure out the magical ears in their most elusive formats during a Disney vacation is always a rewarding experience for me. In fact hunting for those secret images and shadows of the mouse is an ever-challenging fun opportunity one should not miss while visiting the world’s most beloved theme parks. Continue reading