So you are coming to Central Florida and you want to enjoy yourself Right? Well the music takes center stage this summer at Epcot Center as the annual, “Sounds Like
Summer Concert Series” returns to Epcot at the America Gardens Theater.
This year, Epcot has a world class lineup of bands playing tribute to songs from Bon Jovi, U2, The Bee Gees,
and Janet Jackson, so spend a night out enjoying all that a Central Florida summer has to
offer. And the best of all,? these concerts are included Free with your Epcot theme park admission!
Although subject to change, the following groups are scheduled to appear:
BAND NAME PERFORMANCES DATES:
Hotel California June 12 – 18, 2011
A Salute to the Eagles
Stayin’ Alive June 19 – 25, 2011
A Tribute to the Bee Gees
Slippery When Wet June 26 – July 2, 2011
The Ultimate Bon Jovi Tribute
Little Queen July 3 – 9, 2011
The Music of Heart with Special Performances on July 4 *
Frontiers July 10 – 16, 2011
A Tribute to Journey
Karin Lawson July 17– 23, 2011
A Tribute to Janet Jackson
2U July 24 – 30, 2011
A Tribute to U2
*July 4 Performances at 5:15 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:45 pm, and 9:00 pm.
Epcot theme park admission is required. Entertainment subject to change
without notice. All songs listed are for artist recognition only and may
not be included in the performer’s set list.
If you’re one of those folks who thinks it sounds strange for an unattended single adult to be on the lookout for cheap Magic Kingdom tickets, you’re quite wrong. It’s true, the theme parks at the Magic Kingdom are made more for children than for adults, but that’s hardly all that the tickets give you access to. Disney Downtown and several other places (for example, the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and it’s associated eatery, Victoria and Alberts) are made exclusively for adults — places that you can shop, browse, dance, sing karaoke, and get something decidedly adult to drink.
The BET Soundstage Club is extraordinarily popular for featuring some of the best music from the BET Cable network. Not only do they provide a great selection of up-to-date hip-hop, rap, and R&B, but they also have shows devoted to old-school jazz and even older-school do-wop music from time to time. Pleasure Island also offers other famous clubs like Mannequin’s Dance Palace, Motions, the Rock ‘N Roll Beach Club, and more.
Of course, that’s just the beginning. Pleasure Island, while all of it’s comedy clubs and nightclubs closed a few years ago, still offers incredible retail and eating experiences. If you’re young at heart, you can still visit all of the other Magic Kingdom attractions for a dose of childlike fun. Main Street, USA; Adventureland; Frontierland; Liberty Square; Fantasyland; Tomorrowland…the list of places that the Magic Kingdom offers for a single adult who just wants to scream and holler and let loose on some killer rides is long and extraordinary.
Yes, discount Disney tickets are certainly something that a single guy or gal looking to have a great time should keep an eye out for. Fortunately, if you’re reading this, you already have all of the equipment you need to get an inexpensive ticket — a computer and enough know-how to follow a few links is all you need.
However, Walt Disney World Tickets have endless medium for entertainment. So, it’s up to the visitors, where they want to go first. Magic Kingdom is one of the finest theme parks in Walt Disney World Resort.
Magic Kingdom Tickets will open the door of majestic world for the people of all ages. Magic Kingdom is a place where the young at heart people can laugh and play and learn together. Magic Kingdom attractions include Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, and Mickey’s Toontown Fair.
1. Sherika ~ Located in Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida. SheiKra is not for folks who get scared easily. Once you are strapped into this floor-less coaster, you are lifted to a hight of 200ft and at a 45 degree angle, you will then be dangled over the edge before plummeting 200ft back down to the ground at over 70mph on a 90 degree angle, pulling 5 g’s. SheiKra features an Immelmann loop, a water feature and another terrifying 90 degree drop, this time from ‘only’ 138 feet. Enjoy:
2. Hulk ~ At Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure theme park, you will find one of the nations leading high speed roller coaqsters and yes it’s GREEN! After you enter Dr. Bruce Banner’s lab, the gamma-ray accelerator goes terribly wrong and transforms you into the Hulk. After being jettisoned to the same G force as a jet taking off a aircraft carrier, you will be launched 150ft into the air at 67mph, before experiencing cobra rolls, barrel rolls, two vertical loops and a Zero-G roll, so hang on tight!
3. Kraken ~ Located inside Sea World Orlando, this mammoth roller coaster is sure to please the coaster addict in every family member. This SeaWorld coaster is15 stories high, and has max speeds of 65mph. This video is a great sneak peak!
4. Manta ~ This roller coaster is the newest addition to the Sea World Orlando arsenal. If you ever wanted to fly like Superman, then this is your baby.
5. Fire Dragon Harry Potter ~ This is located inside Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando. It used to be Dulling Dragons, but since they incorporated the new Harry Potter section at Islands of Adventure, they renamed the coaster Dragon Challenge. This is still one of the best coasters in Orlando, so don’t pass this one up!
7. Montu ~ Located in Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, this coaster has some bragging rights in the fact that it is one of the tallest and longest coasters in the world. Standing at a height of 46m and reaching speeds of 60mph, with a G Force of 3.85, this coaster is a DO NOT MISS adventure!
8. Space Mountain ~ This is a oldie but a goodie! Located in the Magic Kingdom, Space Mountain is a indoor coaster like the Rockin Roller Coaster and riders are given the choice of either the Alpha or Omega track, both of which offer the same ride regardless of which route you choose:
9. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit ~ Located inside Universal Studios Orlando, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit reaches speeds of 65mph and a height of over 17 stories. The coaster also allows you to select your own choice of music while riding the coaster:
10. Rockin Rollercoaster ~ This indoor roller coaster rocked out by non other than Aerosmith, is a signature coaster designed for Disney’s Hollywood Studios. As you enter the building, you are given a private tour of Aerosmith’s recording studio, before being strapped into your seat and flying round the coaster at 60mph, reaching 4.5 G- Forces.
11. Harry Potter’s Forbidden Journey ~ I don’t know if I can really classify this awesome ride as a roller coaster per say, but I will include it as the next evolution of coaster ride technology. Located in Islands of Adventure, this ride will take you on a journey with Harry and his friends while flying on broomsticks through Hogwarts.
Walt Disney World ~ Every weekend starting in May and running thru June 12th of 2011 at the Walt Disney World Hollywood Studios, the power of the Force will be waiting for you and your family! This annual event is one of the highlights of the Hollywood Studios and is sure to please the Star Wars fans in any family. Continue reading →
Why would you want to snag yourself some inexpensive Sea World tickets? Surely you jest. You didn’t know that Sea World has the world’s largest marine adventure theme park?
Let’s take a quick look at how much money you could save if you put a little effort into finding cheap Sea World Orlando tickets. If you have 2 adults and 2 children and you don’t do any bargain hunting, you’ll end up spending nearly $400. But a clever family that finds the best coupons online can often get 50% off the ticket price, saving themselves $200!
So here’s the tricks:
Check the Sea World Website
This is your basic effort, with a small reward — you go to the Sea World website, and you’ll basically always be able to find a simple 10% off coupon ready to be printed out and presented at the gate. That’s for a single-day pass — if you upgrade to a multi-day pass, you can actually get 2 days for the price of 1, which is a pretty significant discount. That’s assuming you don’t browse carefully through the ‘specials’ and find a promotion that you can take further advantage of.
Use Preferred Hotels
Sea World, like most major theme parks, affiliates itself with a decently long list of local hotels. A clever market maven can often contact one of these hotels and find out the details of a ‘hidden’ offer that will give you unlimited access to Sea World for a week for the price of spending a week at the hotel!
If you’re a member of AAA, or a senior citizen, or you’re in active military service (or an injured veteran), you’re entitled to special deals on Sea World admission. Active military personnel get the best deal, with free admission for themselves and three dependents each year, while being a senior is worth $3 off of your ticket cost.
Buy Someone Else’s Ticket
If you’re really willing to put in some elbow grease, it’s often possible to find unused Sea World tickets on Craiglist, eBay, or other sites. People who have had their plans change at the last moment are just trying to get some small amount of their investment back, and you can take advantage of that if you’re lucky.