A ravine of menacing-looking crocs, pools of hippos, bushwalks along untracked terrain and other thrills await guests on Wild Africa Trek, a unique wildlife experience scheduled to launch in early 2011 into the deepest, most-remote reaches of Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom.
Reservations can be booked beginning Oct. 15, 2010, for the three-hour, expert-led adventure that will immerse guests in the realms and wildlife thrills of far-off Africa – without leaving the Walt Disney World Resort. In small groups, guests on the Wild Africa Trek will enjoy an “up-close-and-personal” experience with African wildlife species that make their home in Pangani Forest as well as other areas of the park’s Harambe Wildlife Reserve.
As part of the adventure, guests will clip onto a lifeline as they step to the very edge of a cliff to get amazingly close to the hippos and crocs waiting just below. Talk about cliff-hangers!
Adventure-minded guests will have the experience of a lifetime as they get immersed in an authentic African safari experience that only Walt Disney World can deliver,” said Michael Colglazier, vice president of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. “We are thrilled to be offering this unique outdoor adventure aimed at active vacationers, taking interactions with the incredible animals that inhabit the Harambe Reserve to the next level and literally blazing new trails in our park.”
Highlights of what’s in store for guests on this add-on adventure:
Walt Disney World ~ Navigating a rickety footbridge over a river chasm can be dicey enough for explorers. In an all-new Walt Disney adventure, what lurks below that bridge may quicken their step to get to the other side: Crocodiles!
- Trekking with experienced guides through areas of Harambe Wildlife Reserve that aren’t explored during regular Disney Animal Kingdom experiences.
- Navigating through fern and vine forests on a bushwalk that sets a course for adventure.
- Clipping into a harness attached to a safety line, crossing a seemingly precarious rope bridge over the Safi River and cliff-hanging at the edge of gullies that are home to hippos and crocodiles.
- Experiencing the thrill of “over-landing” in customized open-air vehicles following the edge of a magnificent, wide-open savanna.
- Unwinding from an unforgettable adventure at a private safari camp for wildlife viewing. At this station elevated above the savanna, guests savor sample tastes of Africa as their adventure draws to a relaxing and satisfying close.
Reservations for Animal Kingdom’s Wild Africa Trek can be arranged by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (939-8687). Pricing for this unique adventure will vary seasonally. Guests who reserve a booking from Jan. 16-Feb. 26, 2011, may take advantage of an introductory offer starting at $129. Park admission is required for participants. If you plan on visiting Walt Disney Worlds Animal Kingdom and require discount tickets, please call our office toll free at 1-877-406-4836 or just click here to order http://www.officialticketcenter.com/animal-kingdom-tickets.aspx